Annual check-up for Social Security and Medicare
AP/Yahoo News, May 12, 2009
Analysts predict a report will show that the Social Security and Medicare trust funds will run out of money sooner than projected a year ago. The worst recession in decades and resulting high unemployment will lead to a bleaker forecast for both Social Security and Medicare in this year's trustees' report, analysts say.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts