MN-based Park Nicollet to close clinic and lay off 240 workers
Minneapolis Star Tribune, May 13, 2009
In response to a sagging economy, Minnesota-based Park Nicollet Health Services announced it would shut down a clinic and consolidate some mental health services. The moves will result in 240 employees losing their jobs. Park Nicollet already has eliminated more than 490 positions in the past six months, a result of its diminished investment portfolio and a decline in the number of patients because of the recession.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Educated Nurses Save Money