MN-based Park Nicollet to close clinic and lay off 240 workers
Minneapolis Star Tribune, May 13, 2009
In response to a sagging economy, Minnesota-based Park Nicollet Health Services announced it would shut down a clinic and consolidate some mental health services. The moves will result in 240 employees losing their jobs. Park Nicollet already has eliminated more than 490 positions in the past six months, a result of its diminished investment portfolio and a decline in the number of patients because of the recession.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts