Average Miami family pays $20,000 in health costs
Miami Herald, May 19, 2009
Confirming data from Medicare studies, a report hows that private healthcare costs in Miami are the highest of 14 major cities in the country. A Miami-area family of four with an employer-based preferred provider organization plan averaged $20,282 in healthcare costs in 2008, almost 21% higher than the national average, according to Milliman, a national consulting report.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts