100 jobs cut at Robbinsdale, MN-based North Memorial Health Care
AP/Minneapolis Star Tribune, May 19, 2009
North Memorial Health Care in Robbinsdale, MN, is cutting 100 positions, or about 2% of its hospital's workforce. A combination of reduced hours and layoffs will affect 170 employees. This is the second round of cuts in six months at North Memorial. In December, it eliminated 380 jobs, or 7% of its workforce. North Memorial has absorbed $17.5 million in bad debt, charity care, and discounts for the uninsured so far this year.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes