Deborah Heart & Lung Center accuses NJ-based Virtua Health of slander
Deborah Heart & Lung Center has filed a lawsuit that alleges Virtua Memorial Hospital Burlington County (NJ) and a group of cardiologists who practice there disparaged Deborah in an effort to keep heart patients from transferring there. The complaint accuses Virtua and the four doctors of unfair competition, slander, and "scare tactics." In several instances, it said doctors told patients in Virtua's emergency department that they could not transfer to Deborah because it was full when, in fact, it was not.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers