Deborah Heart & Lung Center accuses NJ-based Virtua Health of slander
Deborah Heart & Lung Center has filed a lawsuit that alleges Virtua Memorial Hospital Burlington County (NJ) and a group of cardiologists who practice there disparaged Deborah in an effort to keep heart patients from transferring there. The complaint accuses Virtua and the four doctors of unfair competition, slander, and "scare tactics." In several instances, it said doctors told patients in Virtua's emergency department that they could not transfer to Deborah because it was full when, in fact, it was not.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL