Deborah Heart & Lung Center accuses NJ-based Virtua Health of slander
Deborah Heart & Lung Center has filed a lawsuit that alleges Virtua Memorial Hospital Burlington County (NJ) and a group of cardiologists who practice there disparaged Deborah in an effort to keep heart patients from transferring there. The complaint accuses Virtua and the four doctors of unfair competition, slander, and "scare tactics." In several instances, it said doctors told patients in Virtua's emergency department that they could not transfer to Deborah because it was full when, in fact, it was not.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions