Georgia-based WellStar Health System plans bold, high-priced expansion
Georgia-based WellStar Health System plans to spend $800 million over the next decade in expansion and improvements, including a new $14 million outpatient campus and a $100 million hospital. The health system's plans buck a trend among hospitals to scale back on spending and building projects, and WellStar officials acknowledged some challenges ahead. The new hospital requires state approval, the outpatient campus is the subject of a lawsuit over the property's rezoning, and the economy could force the delay or scaling back of some elements.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'