Georgia-based WellStar Health System plans bold, high-priced expansion
Georgia-based WellStar Health System plans to spend $800 million over the next decade in expansion and improvements, including a new $14 million outpatient campus and a $100 million hospital. The health system's plans buck a trend among hospitals to scale back on spending and building projects, and WellStar officials acknowledged some challenges ahead. The new hospital requires state approval, the outpatient campus is the subject of a lawsuit over the property's rezoning, and the economy could force the delay or scaling back of some elements.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations