Georgia-based WellStar Health System plans bold, high-priced expansion
Georgia-based WellStar Health System plans to spend $800 million over the next decade in expansion and improvements, including a new $14 million outpatient campus and a $100 million hospital. The health system's plans buck a trend among hospitals to scale back on spending and building projects, and WellStar officials acknowledged some challenges ahead. The new hospital requires state approval, the outpatient campus is the subject of a lawsuit over the property's rezoning, and the economy could force the delay or scaling back of some elements.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers