New Orleans hospital land tied to 'financing plan'
Marking the latest wrinkle in the ongoing saga over a proposed New Orleans teaching hospital, a House panel approved a bill that could slow Louisiana's acquisition of land where the complex is to be constructed. But state authorities say they are within weeks of securing much of the necessary land, with no intentions of altering course as the bill moves through the Legislature.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009