UnitedHealth's Ingenix acquiring AIM Healthcare
Ingenix, the UnitedHealth Group subsidiary that faced scrutiny over its databases used by insurers to set reimbursement rates for out-of-network care, said it has acquired a Franklin, TN-based healthcare information technology company. The acquisition of AIM Healthcare Services Inc., which helps payors and hospitals to manage claims, expands Ingenix's business of ensuring accuracy of payments at a time when eliminating unnecessary paperwork is seen as a key part of any reform of the nation's healthcare system, according to The Tennessean.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations