Tenet to let Louisiana hospital go
Tenet Healthcare Corp. will not renew its lease for NorthShore Regional Medical Center in Slidell—its last remaining hospital in Louisiana—when it expires next May. "It was strictly about looking at Tenet's strategic business goals, looking at how our different facilities align with our strategy," said Emily Kinney, a spokesperson for Dallas-based Tenet. "We're trying to grow our in-patient services in our stronger markets."
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013