Countdown to reform: Crunch time
Sg2 (free registration required), June 17, 2009
After several months of stage-setting, lawmakers are now putting pen to paper and drafting healthcare legislation, says Sg2 columnist Stephen Jenkins. But this process brings the inevitable question of how to for it. It is a trillion dollar question and is unleashing political forces that will test the strength of President Obama's support, Jenkins says.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts