Scrushy found liable in HealthSouth shareholder suit
Richard M. Scrushy, former chairman and chief executive of HealthSouth Corp., was found liable in a civil suit alleging he masterminded the massive fraud that nearly sank the rehabilitation company. A Birmingham judge awarded the plaintiffs $2.876 billion in damages and rescinded Scrushy's employment contract.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction