Miami-based Jackson Memorial may spin off primary-care clinics
Miami Herald, June 19, 2009
Miami-based Jackson Health System is in "preliminary discussions" to transfer or sell its six primary care clinics to some other entity. Thresia Gambon, interim associate chief medical officer, said that no details have been worked out about what entity might take over the clinics, but the primary motivation was to "continue to provide quality care."
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful