Congress targets wealthiest earners for health reform funds
House and Senate negotiators are looking to wealthy individuals to pay much of the $1 trillion price tag for their plan to reform healthcare, but they are struggling to agree on the most viable option for obtaining that new revenue. Lawmakers said they have made strides on the legislation's policy details. But Democrats also have pledged to meet President Obama's promise of making the package deficit-neutral, something that is almost certain to require tax increases.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion