Imaging providers brace for more reimbursement pain in 2010
Sg2 (free registration required), July 10, 2009
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has released the proposed 2010 rules for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System, and the Ambulatory Surgery Center Payment System. The technical component of imaging reimbursement is yet again a prime target for legislators, says Sg2 Vice President Henry Soch, and here Sg2 provides a preview of what might be in store for imaging in 2010.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts