Atlanta-based St. Joseph's, United Healthcare contract may end
Atlanta-based St. Joseph's Hospital recently notified patients that it may end its relationship with medical insurance giant United Healthcare, effective Aug. 7, unless a new contract is reached. Kirk Wilson, St. Joseph's president and chief executive officer, said the two parties were "still negotiating in good faith" and expect an agreement to be reached.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer