Children's, Touro finalize deal to create Louisiana Children's Medical Center
Children's Hospital and Touro Infirmary have finalized an agreement that creates a two-hospital system called the Louisiana Children's Medical Center, with Children's top administator Steve Worley serving as chief executive officer. The parent corporation's governing board, which includes members from the existing Children's and Touro boards, also announced the hiring of former Tulane Medical Center executive James Montgomery to lead the Touro campus, which has struggled financially since Hurricane Katrina.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream