CMS springs few surprises in 2010 OP and ASC proposed payments
Sg2 (free registration required), July 16, 2009
Early July rules issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid included proposed calendar year 2010 payments for both hospital outpatient procedures and ambulatory surgical centers, notes Sg2 VP Natasha Goburdhun. Unlike past years, these rules propose few dramatic changes to existing payment structures or requirements, Goburdhun says, but it is clear that the amount of money flowing from CMS for OP services will be less than in previous years.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL