Lowering cost while improving patient care
New America Foundation, July 20, 2009
Gary Kaplan, MD, chairman and CEO of the Virginia Mason Medical Center, says that nearly half of the $2.6 trillion spent on healthcare in the U.S. is waste. Kaplan's thoughts are part of a blog series where healthcare CEOs sound off on reform. The series is sponsored by The New America Foundation, a nonprofit public policy think tank.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus