Lifepoint Hospitals misses expectations in 2Q
LifePoint Hospitals' earnings fell 5% in the second quarter compared to the same period a year ago, and the stock is trading lower this morning after missing analysts' estimates. The Brentwood, TN-based community hospital owner reported net income of $26.3 million, or 49 cents per diluted share, in the quarter ended June 30, compared to $27.8 million, or 52 cents per diluted share, in the year-ago period.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'