Lifepoint Hospitals misses expectations in 2Q
LifePoint Hospitals' earnings fell 5% in the second quarter compared to the same period a year ago, and the stock is trading lower this morning after missing analysts' estimates. The Brentwood, TN-based community hospital owner reported net income of $26.3 million, or 49 cents per diluted share, in the quarter ended June 30, compared to $27.8 million, or 52 cents per diluted share, in the year-ago period.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer