Dakotas hospitals: Merger will not mean layoffs
Associated Press, August 13, 2009
MeritCare of Fargo and Sanford Health of Sioux Falls, SD, plan to serve about 2 million people in five Midwestern states under a planned merger. Leaders of the hospitals faced the general public on for the first time since merger talks began nearly five months ago and repeated promises that no workers would lose their jobs and no services would be cut. They added that the merger should help both hospitals recruit more doctors to the area, including some of the smaller satellite clinics.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013