First Approved Issues for RAC Review in Region B Posted
Region B, get ready. RACs may begin auditing at any time in several Region B states.
CGI Federal, the RAC for Region B, has posted its first set of issues eligible for RAC audits in Indiana, Michigan, and Minnesota.
The approved issues target outpatient hospital and physician claims and correspond with those approved for many states in RAC regions C and D that were posted over the past few weeks:
- Blood Transfusions. Blood transfusions should be billed with a maximum of one unit per patient per date of service.
- IV-Hydration. IV-Hydration should be billed with a maximum of one unit per patient per date of service.
- Bronchoscopy Services. Bronchoscopy services should be billed with a maximum of per unit per patient per date of service.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges