First Approved Issues for RAC Review in Region B Posted
Region B, get ready. RACs may begin auditing at any time in several Region B states.
CGI Federal, the RAC for Region B, has posted its first set of issues eligible for RAC audits in Indiana, Michigan, and Minnesota.
The approved issues target outpatient hospital and physician claims and correspond with those approved for many states in RAC regions C and D that were posted over the past few weeks:
- Blood Transfusions. Blood transfusions should be billed with a maximum of one unit per patient per date of service.
- IV-Hydration. IV-Hydration should be billed with a maximum of one unit per patient per date of service.
- Bronchoscopy Services. Bronchoscopy services should be billed with a maximum of per unit per patient per date of service.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed