SEC probing Hospital Corporation of America
The Securities and Exchange Commission has opened a probe into whether Hospital Corporation of America violated securities law by manipulating its books and records, according to documents and people familiar with the investigation. The investigation has been focusing in part on HCA's London subsidiary and whether the company fabricated tens of thousands of payments for phantom nursing shifts. HCA runs more than 160 facilities across the United States and in London.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer