SEC probing Hospital Corporation of America
The Securities and Exchange Commission has opened a probe into whether Hospital Corporation of America violated securities law by manipulating its books and records, according to documents and people familiar with the investigation. The investigation has been focusing in part on HCA's London subsidiary and whether the company fabricated tens of thousands of payments for phantom nursing shifts. HCA runs more than 160 facilities across the United States and in London.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers