SEC probing Hospital Corporation of America
The Securities and Exchange Commission has opened a probe into whether Hospital Corporation of America violated securities law by manipulating its books and records, according to documents and people familiar with the investigation. The investigation has been focusing in part on HCA's London subsidiary and whether the company fabricated tens of thousands of payments for phantom nursing shifts. HCA runs more than 160 facilities across the United States and in London.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'