Fat tax to pay for healthcare reform?
Los Angeles Times blog, October 9, 2009
It's already happened in North Carolina, where lawmakers have decreed that starting next year, state employees who smoke will pay more for health insurance. Ditto state employees who are still obese by July 2011, defined as having a body mass index of more than 40. Could the federal government be far behind?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy