Fat tax to pay for healthcare reform?
Los Angeles Times blog, October 9, 2009
It's already happened in North Carolina, where lawmakers have decreed that starting next year, state employees who smoke will pay more for health insurance. Ditto state employees who are still obese by July 2011, defined as having a body mass index of more than 40. Could the federal government be far behind?
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine