Fat tax to pay for healthcare reform?
Los Angeles Times blog, October 9, 2009
It's already happened in North Carolina, where lawmakers have decreed that starting next year, state employees who smoke will pay more for health insurance. Ditto state employees who are still obese by July 2011, defined as having a body mass index of more than 40. Could the federal government be far behind?
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- Critical Times for Small and Rural Hospitals
- Advanced EHRs Save 10% Per Patient, Study Says
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments