Miami-based Jackson Health System turning to high-priced consultants
Miami Herald, October 15, 2009
Struggling to improve its difficult financial situation, Miami-based Jackson Health System is planning to hire a firm of high-priced consultants. James R. Malone, managing partner of Qorval consulting services, will serve as Jackson's interim chief operating officer at a rate of $595 an hour for the next nine months. Barry Dubin will become chief restructuring officer, at $425 an hour. Altogether, Qorval could get up to $1.8 million for the services of three to six consultants in the next nine months. The contract was approved unanimously by a committee of the Public Health Trust and is expected to be accepted by the full trust board at its meeting later this month.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal