Basic Medicare premium to rise 15% in 2010
The basic Medicare premium will shoot up next year by 15%, to $110.50 a month, federal officials announced. The increase means that monthly premiums would top $100 for the first time, and about 27% of Medicare beneficiaries will have to pay higher premiums or have the additional amounts paid on their behalf. The other 73% will be shielded from the increase because, under federal law, their Medicare premiums cannot go up more than the increase in their Social Security benefits.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law