Finance
e-Newsletter
Intelligence Unit Special Reports Special Events Subscribe Sponsored Departments Follow Us

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn RSS

Hospital network withdraws proposal to take over St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan

New York Times, February 5, 2010

A large hospital network that had offered to take over the nearly bankrupt St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan has formally withdrawn its offer, the New York Times reports. Stan Brezenoff, president of Continuum Health Partners, a consortium of five hospitals in New York City, said in a letter to Henry J. Amoroso, the president and chief executive of St. Vincent's, that he was withdrawing the offer because of what he said had been a negative reaction to it from both the State Health Department and St. Vincent's own board.