St. David's HealthCare to Acquire Heart Hospital of Austin
Austin, TX-based St. David's HealthCare announced today that it will acquire the 58-bed Heart Hospital of Austin from MedCath Corp.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"This facility acquisition will complement the already exceptional cardiovascular programs currently operating throughout St. David's HealthCare," said Jon M. Foster, president/CEO of St. David's HealthCare, in a media release. "One of the clinical areas St. David's HealthCare has continued to develop regionally is our cardiovascular service, which is strong thanks to the outstanding care provided by our St. David's HealthCare-affiliated physicians and staff."
The acquisition will be finalized after the regulatory approval process.
St. David's HealthCare operates seven hospitals in the Austin area, and MedCath is a 10-hospital health system based in Charlotte, NC.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Telemedicine is Retail Health Clinics' Newest Tool