St. David's HealthCare to Acquire Heart Hospital of Austin
Austin, TX-based St. David's HealthCare announced today that it will acquire the 58-bed Heart Hospital of Austin from MedCath Corp.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"This facility acquisition will complement the already exceptional cardiovascular programs currently operating throughout St. David's HealthCare," said Jon M. Foster, president/CEO of St. David's HealthCare, in a media release. "One of the clinical areas St. David's HealthCare has continued to develop regionally is our cardiovascular service, which is strong thanks to the outstanding care provided by our St. David's HealthCare-affiliated physicians and staff."
The acquisition will be finalized after the regulatory approval process.
St. David's HealthCare operates seven hospitals in the Austin area, and MedCath is a 10-hospital health system based in Charlotte, NC.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014