St. David's HealthCare to Acquire Heart Hospital of Austin
Austin, TX-based St. David's HealthCare announced today that it will acquire the 58-bed Heart Hospital of Austin from MedCath Corp.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"This facility acquisition will complement the already exceptional cardiovascular programs currently operating throughout St. David's HealthCare," said Jon M. Foster, president/CEO of St. David's HealthCare, in a media release. "One of the clinical areas St. David's HealthCare has continued to develop regionally is our cardiovascular service, which is strong thanks to the outstanding care provided by our St. David's HealthCare-affiliated physicians and staff."
The acquisition will be finalized after the regulatory approval process.
St. David's HealthCare operates seven hospitals in the Austin area, and MedCath is a 10-hospital health system based in Charlotte, NC.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening