St. David's HealthCare to Acquire Heart Hospital of Austin
Austin, TX-based St. David's HealthCare announced today that it will acquire the 58-bed Heart Hospital of Austin from MedCath Corp.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"This facility acquisition will complement the already exceptional cardiovascular programs currently operating throughout St. David's HealthCare," said Jon M. Foster, president/CEO of St. David's HealthCare, in a media release. "One of the clinical areas St. David's HealthCare has continued to develop regionally is our cardiovascular service, which is strong thanks to the outstanding care provided by our St. David's HealthCare-affiliated physicians and staff."
The acquisition will be finalized after the regulatory approval process.
St. David's HealthCare operates seven hospitals in the Austin area, and MedCath is a 10-hospital health system based in Charlotte, NC.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make