U.S. HealthWorks Acquires Two Healthcare Centers in California
Occupational healthcare provider U.S. HealthWorks today announced the acquisition of Technimed Occupational Medicine and its two healthcare centers in Vernon, and Commerce, CA.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. With the acquisition, Valencia, CA-based U.S. HealthWorks now operates 66 medical centers in California and 134 nationwide.
"We are continuing our expansion in the important California market," said Therese Hernandez, senior vice president of operations for U.S. HealthWorks. "This is an exciting acquisition for us because the addition of these two centers enables us to better serve our Los Angeles-area clients and patients."
Technimed provides injury and illness diagnosis and treatment, preventive services, pre-employment and post-offer exams and testing, and return-to-work programs.
"U.S. HealthWorks is uniquely positioned to provide a statewide network for employers, as well as having real-time electronic access for employer clients who are more and more frequently using online resources to better manage their claims," said Technimed founder David B. Landers, MD. "U.S. HealthWorks has it all, so our choice of a successor was a simple one."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data