U.S. HealthWorks Acquires Two Healthcare Centers in California
Occupational healthcare provider U.S. HealthWorks today announced the acquisition of Technimed Occupational Medicine and its two healthcare centers in Vernon, and Commerce, CA.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. With the acquisition, Valencia, CA-based U.S. HealthWorks now operates 66 medical centers in California and 134 nationwide.
"We are continuing our expansion in the important California market," said Therese Hernandez, senior vice president of operations for U.S. HealthWorks. "This is an exciting acquisition for us because the addition of these two centers enables us to better serve our Los Angeles-area clients and patients."
Technimed provides injury and illness diagnosis and treatment, preventive services, pre-employment and post-offer exams and testing, and return-to-work programs.
"U.S. HealthWorks is uniquely positioned to provide a statewide network for employers, as well as having real-time electronic access for employer clients who are more and more frequently using online resources to better manage their claims," said Technimed founder David B. Landers, MD. "U.S. HealthWorks has it all, so our choice of a successor was a simple one."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth