U.S. HealthWorks Acquires Two Healthcare Centers in California
Occupational healthcare provider U.S. HealthWorks today announced the acquisition of Technimed Occupational Medicine and its two healthcare centers in Vernon, and Commerce, CA.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. With the acquisition, Valencia, CA-based U.S. HealthWorks now operates 66 medical centers in California and 134 nationwide.
"We are continuing our expansion in the important California market," said Therese Hernandez, senior vice president of operations for U.S. HealthWorks. "This is an exciting acquisition for us because the addition of these two centers enables us to better serve our Los Angeles-area clients and patients."
Technimed provides injury and illness diagnosis and treatment, preventive services, pre-employment and post-offer exams and testing, and return-to-work programs.
"U.S. HealthWorks is uniquely positioned to provide a statewide network for employers, as well as having real-time electronic access for employer clients who are more and more frequently using online resources to better manage their claims," said Technimed founder David B. Landers, MD. "U.S. HealthWorks has it all, so our choice of a successor was a simple one."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Upfront costs of going digital overwhelm some doctors
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs