U.S. HealthWorks Acquires Two Healthcare Centers in California
Occupational healthcare provider U.S. HealthWorks today announced the acquisition of Technimed Occupational Medicine and its two healthcare centers in Vernon, and Commerce, CA.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. With the acquisition, Valencia, CA-based U.S. HealthWorks now operates 66 medical centers in California and 134 nationwide.
"We are continuing our expansion in the important California market," said Therese Hernandez, senior vice president of operations for U.S. HealthWorks. "This is an exciting acquisition for us because the addition of these two centers enables us to better serve our Los Angeles-area clients and patients."
Technimed provides injury and illness diagnosis and treatment, preventive services, pre-employment and post-offer exams and testing, and return-to-work programs.
"U.S. HealthWorks is uniquely positioned to provide a statewide network for employers, as well as having real-time electronic access for employer clients who are more and more frequently using online resources to better manage their claims," said Technimed founder David B. Landers, MD. "U.S. HealthWorks has it all, so our choice of a successor was a simple one."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer