MEDNAX Finalizes New Acquisitions
MEDNAX, Inc. announced this week that it has finalized the acquisitions of Associates in Neonatology, PA, in Fort Myers, FL, and four physician neonatal practices in Syracuse, NY. Financial details of the cash transactions were not disclosed.
Associates in Neonatology's six physicians staff the Level III neonatal ICU at Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida, the area's only Regional Perinatal ICU, which provides specialized care for high-risk pregnancies, and neonatal ICU services to critically ill and low birth weight newborns. The group also provides services at three other area hospitals in Southwest Florida whose annual NICU patient volume exceeds 17,500 patient days.
The four neonatal practices in Syracuse staff the Level III NICU at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center and provide neonatal services at Community General Hospital, with annual NICU patient volume of more than 4,500 patient days.
The physicians in both deals will practice under Fort Lauderdale, FL-based MEDNAX's Pediatrix Medical Group, which has acquired six physician group practices in 2010.
John Commins is an editor with HealthLeaders Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program