MEDNAX Finalizes New Acquisitions
MEDNAX, Inc. announced this week that it has finalized the acquisitions of Associates in Neonatology, PA, in Fort Myers, FL, and four physician neonatal practices in Syracuse, NY. Financial details of the cash transactions were not disclosed.
Associates in Neonatology's six physicians staff the Level III neonatal ICU at Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida, the area's only Regional Perinatal ICU, which provides specialized care for high-risk pregnancies, and neonatal ICU services to critically ill and low birth weight newborns. The group also provides services at three other area hospitals in Southwest Florida whose annual NICU patient volume exceeds 17,500 patient days.
The four neonatal practices in Syracuse staff the Level III NICU at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center and provide neonatal services at Community General Hospital, with annual NICU patient volume of more than 4,500 patient days.
The physicians in both deals will practice under Fort Lauderdale, FL-based MEDNAX's Pediatrix Medical Group, which has acquired six physician group practices in 2010.
John Commins is an editor with HealthLeaders Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer