NW Indiana hospital lays off 75 workers
AP/Chicago Tribune, May 27, 2010
About 75 full-time employees have been laid off from jobs at a northwestern Indiana hospital. St. Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers cut the jobs at its Dyer and Hammond campuses this month. Hospital President Tom Gryzbek says the layoffs were needed because it has seen fewer patients and must prepare for the uncertain picture in the healthcare industry.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening