NW Indiana hospital lays off 75 workers
AP/Chicago Tribune, May 27, 2010
About 75 full-time employees have been laid off from jobs at a northwestern Indiana hospital. St. Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers cut the jobs at its Dyer and Hammond campuses this month. Hospital President Tom Gryzbek says the layoffs were needed because it has seen fewer patients and must prepare for the uncertain picture in the healthcare industry.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer