NW Indiana hospital lays off 75 workers
AP/Chicago Tribune, May 27, 2010
About 75 full-time employees have been laid off from jobs at a northwestern Indiana hospital. St. Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers cut the jobs at its Dyer and Hammond campuses this month. Hospital President Tom Gryzbek says the layoffs were needed because it has seen fewer patients and must prepare for the uncertain picture in the healthcare industry.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts