NW Indiana hospital lays off 75 workers
AP/Chicago Tribune, May 27, 2010
About 75 full-time employees have been laid off from jobs at a northwestern Indiana hospital. St. Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers cut the jobs at its Dyer and Hammond campuses this month. Hospital President Tom Gryzbek says the layoffs were needed because it has seen fewer patients and must prepare for the uncertain picture in the healthcare industry.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus