One day after botched call, Motor City takes higher road
Washington Post, June 7, 2010
Baseball umpire Jim Joyce made an incorrect ruling Wednesday night that cost Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga a perfect game. When he figured out he had made the mistake, the veteran ump said the words, "I'm sorry." Although it's not a healthcare-related article, it is a good lesson in accountability for everyone, regardless of their line of work or their position.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013