Select Medical Holdings Corp. to Acquire Regency Hospital Co.
Select Medical Holdings Corp. announced today that it will acquire Alpharetta, GA-based Regency Hospital Co. LLC, the operators of 23 long-term acute care hospitals in nine states, in a deal valued at $210 million.
Mechanicsburg, PA-based Select Medical now operates 89 long-term acute care hospitals and six acute medical rehabilitation hospitals in 25 states, and 959 outpatient rehabilitation clinics in 36 states and the District of Columbia. When the acquisition is finalized this summer, Select Medical's operations will include 112 long-term acute care hospitals in 28 states.
Regency's net revenue in 2009 was $374.9 million, with net income of $6.1 million, Select Medical said in a media release.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth