Select Medical Holdings Corp. to Acquire Regency Hospital Co.
Select Medical Holdings Corp. announced today that it will acquire Alpharetta, GA-based Regency Hospital Co. LLC, the operators of 23 long-term acute care hospitals in nine states, in a deal valued at $210 million.
Mechanicsburg, PA-based Select Medical now operates 89 long-term acute care hospitals and six acute medical rehabilitation hospitals in 25 states, and 959 outpatient rehabilitation clinics in 36 states and the District of Columbia. When the acquisition is finalized this summer, Select Medical's operations will include 112 long-term acute care hospitals in 28 states.
Regency's net revenue in 2009 was $374.9 million, with net income of $6.1 million, Select Medical said in a media release.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely