Select Medical Holdings Corp. to Acquire Regency Hospital Co.
Select Medical Holdings Corp. announced today that it will acquire Alpharetta, GA-based Regency Hospital Co. LLC, the operators of 23 long-term acute care hospitals in nine states, in a deal valued at $210 million.
Mechanicsburg, PA-based Select Medical now operates 89 long-term acute care hospitals and six acute medical rehabilitation hospitals in 25 states, and 959 outpatient rehabilitation clinics in 36 states and the District of Columbia. When the acquisition is finalized this summer, Select Medical's operations will include 112 long-term acute care hospitals in 28 states.
Regency's net revenue in 2009 was $374.9 million, with net income of $6.1 million, Select Medical said in a media release.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening