United Healthcare nears $1.5B acquisition
UnitedHealth Group Inc. is nearing a $1.5 billion acquisition of Executive Health Resources Inc., according to a report from Bloomberg Businessweek.
The report, which cites three people with knowledge of the talks, says UnitedHealth would combine the New Town Square, Pa.-based company to its Ingenix database management consulting unit.
Bloomberg?s sources cautioned that the deal could be days away from being announced and could still fall apart.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement