Embattled women's clinic suspected of defrauding Medicaid
A West Valley City women’s clinic that recently closed after an employee was arrested for unlawfully practicing medicine is now suspected of defrauding Medicaid of more than $1 million.
During the past five years, Westview Women’s Center and an affiliated billing center, All Medical Billing Inc., coached thousands of low-income women on how to use fake Social Security numbers and other fabricated information to apply for Baby Your Baby, a prenatal program funded by Medicaid, authorities allege.
The clinic then billed the program for care that wasn’t medically necessary, according to court documents unsealed on Wednesday.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States