Embattled women's clinic suspected of defrauding Medicaid
A West Valley City women’s clinic that recently closed after an employee was arrested for unlawfully practicing medicine is now suspected of defrauding Medicaid of more than $1 million.
During the past five years, Westview Women’s Center and an affiliated billing center, All Medical Billing Inc., coached thousands of low-income women on how to use fake Social Security numbers and other fabricated information to apply for Baby Your Baby, a prenatal program funded by Medicaid, authorities allege.
The clinic then billed the program for care that wasn’t medically necessary, according to court documents unsealed on Wednesday.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations