Embattled women's clinic suspected of defrauding Medicaid
A West Valley City women’s clinic that recently closed after an employee was arrested for unlawfully practicing medicine is now suspected of defrauding Medicaid of more than $1 million.
During the past five years, Westview Women’s Center and an affiliated billing center, All Medical Billing Inc., coached thousands of low-income women on how to use fake Social Security numbers and other fabricated information to apply for Baby Your Baby, a prenatal program funded by Medicaid, authorities allege.
The clinic then billed the program for care that wasn’t medically necessary, according to court documents unsealed on Wednesday.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots