Embattled women's clinic suspected of defrauding Medicaid
A West Valley City women’s clinic that recently closed after an employee was arrested for unlawfully practicing medicine is now suspected of defrauding Medicaid of more than $1 million.
During the past five years, Westview Women’s Center and an affiliated billing center, All Medical Billing Inc., coached thousands of low-income women on how to use fake Social Security numbers and other fabricated information to apply for Baby Your Baby, a prenatal program funded by Medicaid, authorities allege.
The clinic then billed the program for care that wasn’t medically necessary, according to court documents unsealed on Wednesday.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?