Embattled women's clinic suspected of defrauding Medicaid
A West Valley City women’s clinic that recently closed after an employee was arrested for unlawfully practicing medicine is now suspected of defrauding Medicaid of more than $1 million.
During the past five years, Westview Women’s Center and an affiliated billing center, All Medical Billing Inc., coached thousands of low-income women on how to use fake Social Security numbers and other fabricated information to apply for Baby Your Baby, a prenatal program funded by Medicaid, authorities allege.
The clinic then billed the program for care that wasn’t medically necessary, according to court documents unsealed on Wednesday.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion