Levine foundation to give $20 million for cancer center
In its largest gift ever to a Charlotte institution, the Leon Levine Foundation will announce today a gift of $20 million to Carolinas HealthCare System to create a cancer institute that will bring higher levels of care to communities across the Carolinas.
Although headquartered in Charlotte, the new Levine Cancer Institute will expand access to cancer specialists, treatment, research and support services for patients served by 32 hospitals owned or managed by Carolinas HealthCare, the third-largest public hospital system in the country.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine