Levine foundation to give $20 million for cancer center
In its largest gift ever to a Charlotte institution, the Leon Levine Foundation will announce today a gift of $20 million to Carolinas HealthCare System to create a cancer institute that will bring higher levels of care to communities across the Carolinas.
Although headquartered in Charlotte, the new Levine Cancer Institute will expand access to cancer specialists, treatment, research and support services for patients served by 32 hospitals owned or managed by Carolinas HealthCare, the third-largest public hospital system in the country.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream