New hospital billing policy on hold [WY]
St. John’s Medical Center trustees voted Monday to rescind a letter announcing a change in how patients of the hospital’s physician services offices are billed.
In a brief, early morning meeting, trustees decided to halt the proposed change and to take it up during a meeting later this month.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations