Proposed Caritas Christi Health Care sale gets key OK
The state Public Health Council today unanimously granted licenses that will allow the six Caritas Christi Health Care hospitals in Eastern Massachusetts, including St. Elizabeth's Medical Center and Carney Hospital in Boston, to operate under a new owner.
The council imposed two conditions: first, that the Caritas hospitals strengthen their translational services and linguistics and cultural competencies and, second, that they continue to provide health services such as substance abuse and wellness programs.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives