IRS listing reveals Winter Haven Hospital officials' pay
Lance Anastasio, president of Winter Haven Hospital, was paid a base salary of $334,459 in 2008-09, the latest IRS report available.
He received no bonus or incentive pay, but he did receive another $386,248 as the final payment of money from a deferred compensation plan the hospital discontinued. Two vice presidents also received those retirement plan payouts.
Some other employees whose compensation is shown on the IRS report received bonuses or "other compensation," which could mean a year-end payout of unused time off or cost for group term life insurance coverage or both.
The IRS listing for the hospital's highest paid employees shows:
David MacDougall, vice president and chief financial officer: $235,727 base pay; $28,776 retirement plan payout.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts