IRS listing reveals Winter Haven Hospital officials' pay
Lance Anastasio, president of Winter Haven Hospital, was paid a base salary of $334,459 in 2008-09, the latest IRS report available.
He received no bonus or incentive pay, but he did receive another $386,248 as the final payment of money from a deferred compensation plan the hospital discontinued. Two vice presidents also received those retirement plan payouts.
Some other employees whose compensation is shown on the IRS report received bonuses or "other compensation," which could mean a year-end payout of unused time off or cost for group term life insurance coverage or both.
The IRS listing for the hospital's highest paid employees shows:
David MacDougall, vice president and chief financial officer: $235,727 base pay; $28,776 retirement plan payout.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic