IRS listing reveals Winter Haven Hospital officials' pay
Lance Anastasio, president of Winter Haven Hospital, was paid a base salary of $334,459 in 2008-09, the latest IRS report available.
He received no bonus or incentive pay, but he did receive another $386,248 as the final payment of money from a deferred compensation plan the hospital discontinued. Two vice presidents also received those retirement plan payouts.
Some other employees whose compensation is shown on the IRS report received bonuses or "other compensation," which could mean a year-end payout of unused time off or cost for group term life insurance coverage or both.
The IRS listing for the hospital's highest paid employees shows:
David MacDougall, vice president and chief financial officer: $235,727 base pay; $28,776 retirement plan payout.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told