IRS listing reveals Winter Haven Hospital officials' pay
Lance Anastasio, president of Winter Haven Hospital, was paid a base salary of $334,459 in 2008-09, the latest IRS report available.
He received no bonus or incentive pay, but he did receive another $386,248 as the final payment of money from a deferred compensation plan the hospital discontinued. Two vice presidents also received those retirement plan payouts.
Some other employees whose compensation is shown on the IRS report received bonuses or "other compensation," which could mean a year-end payout of unused time off or cost for group term life insurance coverage or both.
The IRS listing for the hospital's highest paid employees shows:
David MacDougall, vice president and chief financial officer: $235,727 base pay; $28,776 retirement plan payout.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers