IRS listing reveals Winter Haven Hospital officials' pay
Lance Anastasio, president of Winter Haven Hospital, was paid a base salary of $334,459 in 2008-09, the latest IRS report available.
He received no bonus or incentive pay, but he did receive another $386,248 as the final payment of money from a deferred compensation plan the hospital discontinued. Two vice presidents also received those retirement plan payouts.
Some other employees whose compensation is shown on the IRS report received bonuses or "other compensation," which could mean a year-end payout of unused time off or cost for group term life insurance coverage or both.
The IRS listing for the hospital's highest paid employees shows:
David MacDougall, vice president and chief financial officer: $235,727 base pay; $28,776 retirement plan payout.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers