In downturn, hospital business feels the stress
Lynn Nicholas, named president and chief executive of the Massachusetts Hospital Association in 2007, has represented hospitals across the state in their efforts to expand access, improve quality, and rein in medical costs through the economic downturn. Before her appointment to the Burlington-based MHA, she led the American Diabetes Association. Nicholas previously ran hospital associations in Louisiana and New Jersey. She spoke with health care business reporter Robert Weisman at the Globe last week.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- HSAs: What About the Fees?