City-hired plastic surgeon earned $330k while on administrative leave
A plastic surgeon hired by the District's juvenile justice agency earned $330,000 over the past two years to not work, placed on administrative leave because officials determined he did not have the credentials to provide medical services to the agency's jailed youth.
That doctor, along with two others, has now been laid off as part of a Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services reorganization designed to cut $400,000 from the agency's spending, city officials told The Washington Examiner.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings