City-hired plastic surgeon earned $330k while on administrative leave
A plastic surgeon hired by the District's juvenile justice agency earned $330,000 over the past two years to not work, placed on administrative leave because officials determined he did not have the credentials to provide medical services to the agency's jailed youth.
That doctor, along with two others, has now been laid off as part of a Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services reorganization designed to cut $400,000 from the agency's spending, city officials told The Washington Examiner.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion