Universal Health buys Psychiatric Solutions for $3B
Universal Health Services completed its $3.1 billion purchase of Psychiatric Solutions Inc. Monday.
The deal consists of about $2 billion in cash and the assumption of $1.1 billion in debt.
The acquisition nearly doubles the number of psychiatric-care facilities operated by UHS (NYSE: UHS) of King of Prussia, Pa.
Psychiatric Solutions had 94 psychiatric-care facilities in 32 states; UHS operated 102 psychiatric-care centers, also in 32 states. UHS also runs 25 acute-care hospitals across the county.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch