Universal Health buys Psychiatric Solutions for $3B
Universal Health Services completed its $3.1 billion purchase of Psychiatric Solutions Inc. Monday.
The deal consists of about $2 billion in cash and the assumption of $1.1 billion in debt.
The acquisition nearly doubles the number of psychiatric-care facilities operated by UHS (NYSE: UHS) of King of Prussia, Pa.
Psychiatric Solutions had 94 psychiatric-care facilities in 32 states; UHS operated 102 psychiatric-care centers, also in 32 states. UHS also runs 25 acute-care hospitals across the county.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay