Universal Health buys Psychiatric Solutions for $3B
Universal Health Services completed its $3.1 billion purchase of Psychiatric Solutions Inc. Monday.
The deal consists of about $2 billion in cash and the assumption of $1.1 billion in debt.
The acquisition nearly doubles the number of psychiatric-care facilities operated by UHS (NYSE: UHS) of King of Prussia, Pa.
Psychiatric Solutions had 94 psychiatric-care facilities in 32 states; UHS operated 102 psychiatric-care centers, also in 32 states. UHS also runs 25 acute-care hospitals across the county.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- The Drug Price Reform Debate