Universal Health buys Psychiatric Solutions for $3B
Universal Health Services completed its $3.1 billion purchase of Psychiatric Solutions Inc. Monday.
The deal consists of about $2 billion in cash and the assumption of $1.1 billion in debt.
The acquisition nearly doubles the number of psychiatric-care facilities operated by UHS (NYSE: UHS) of King of Prussia, Pa.
Psychiatric Solutions had 94 psychiatric-care facilities in 32 states; UHS operated 102 psychiatric-care centers, also in 32 states. UHS also runs 25 acute-care hospitals across the county.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Educated Nurses Save Money