Universal Health buys Psychiatric Solutions for $3B
Universal Health Services completed its $3.1 billion purchase of Psychiatric Solutions Inc. Monday.
The deal consists of about $2 billion in cash and the assumption of $1.1 billion in debt.
The acquisition nearly doubles the number of psychiatric-care facilities operated by UHS (NYSE: UHS) of King of Prussia, Pa.
Psychiatric Solutions had 94 psychiatric-care facilities in 32 states; UHS operated 102 psychiatric-care centers, also in 32 states. UHS also runs 25 acute-care hospitals across the county.
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Insurers' listings of in-network doctors often out of date
- How to navigate big data in healthcare
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Opinion: What healthcare can learn from CHS data breach
- Costs of responding to Ebola adding up
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA