Florida Hospital receives $10 million gift to boost children's health
Florida Hospital officials have announced that a South Dakota billionaire has donated $10 million to Florida Hospital for Children to help the medical community battle childhood obesity and diabetes.
The donation by T. Denny Sanford is one of the largest single donations to a local hospital in recent years. It is topped only by Maitland developer Alan Ginsburg's $20 million donation to Florida Hospital's cardiovascular institute three years ago.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots