Florida Hospital receives $10 million gift to boost children's health
Florida Hospital officials have announced that a South Dakota billionaire has donated $10 million to Florida Hospital for Children to help the medical community battle childhood obesity and diabetes.
The donation by T. Denny Sanford is one of the largest single donations to a local hospital in recent years. It is topped only by Maitland developer Alan Ginsburg's $20 million donation to Florida Hospital's cardiovascular institute three years ago.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%