Florida Hospital receives $10 million gift to boost children's health
Florida Hospital officials have announced that a South Dakota billionaire has donated $10 million to Florida Hospital for Children to help the medical community battle childhood obesity and diabetes.
The donation by T. Denny Sanford is one of the largest single donations to a local hospital in recent years. It is topped only by Maitland developer Alan Ginsburg's $20 million donation to Florida Hospital's cardiovascular institute three years ago.
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture