Florida Hospital receives $10 million gift to boost children's health
Florida Hospital officials have announced that a South Dakota billionaire has donated $10 million to Florida Hospital for Children to help the medical community battle childhood obesity and diabetes.
The donation by T. Denny Sanford is one of the largest single donations to a local hospital in recent years. It is topped only by Maitland developer Alan Ginsburg's $20 million donation to Florida Hospital's cardiovascular institute three years ago.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States