Florida Hospital receives $10 million gift to boost children's health
Florida Hospital officials have announced that a South Dakota billionaire has donated $10 million to Florida Hospital for Children to help the medical community battle childhood obesity and diabetes.
The donation by T. Denny Sanford is one of the largest single donations to a local hospital in recent years. It is topped only by Maitland developer Alan Ginsburg's $20 million donation to Florida Hospital's cardiovascular institute three years ago.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says