Major-league pitcher gives $1 million to Arkansas Children's Hospital
Major League Baseball pitcher Cliff Lee and his wife Kristen on Tuesday announced a $1 million donation to Arkansas Children’s Hospital of Little Rock.
The Lees gave the money in honor of their 9-year-old son Jaxon, who battled cancer at the hospital as an infant.
The donation will fund an endowed chair in pediatric hematology and oncology named for Jaxon and Jaxon's doctor, Dr. Robert L. Saylors III. Saylors will be the inaugural chair holder.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts