Major-league pitcher gives $1 million to Arkansas Children's Hospital
Major League Baseball pitcher Cliff Lee and his wife Kristen on Tuesday announced a $1 million donation to Arkansas Children’s Hospital of Little Rock.
The Lees gave the money in honor of their 9-year-old son Jaxon, who battled cancer at the hospital as an infant.
The donation will fund an endowed chair in pediatric hematology and oncology named for Jaxon and Jaxon's doctor, Dr. Robert L. Saylors III. Saylors will be the inaugural chair holder.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments