Major-league pitcher gives $1 million to Arkansas Children's Hospital
Major League Baseball pitcher Cliff Lee and his wife Kristen on Tuesday announced a $1 million donation to Arkansas Children’s Hospital of Little Rock.
The Lees gave the money in honor of their 9-year-old son Jaxon, who battled cancer at the hospital as an infant.
The donation will fund an endowed chair in pediatric hematology and oncology named for Jaxon and Jaxon's doctor, Dr. Robert L. Saylors III. Saylors will be the inaugural chair holder.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013