Major-league pitcher gives $1 million to Arkansas Children's Hospital
Major League Baseball pitcher Cliff Lee and his wife Kristen on Tuesday announced a $1 million donation to Arkansas Children’s Hospital of Little Rock.
The Lees gave the money in honor of their 9-year-old son Jaxon, who battled cancer at the hospital as an infant.
The donation will fund an endowed chair in pediatric hematology and oncology named for Jaxon and Jaxon's doctor, Dr. Robert L. Saylors III. Saylors will be the inaugural chair holder.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December