NJ Hospital due for a $12M infusion
The future owners of Meadowlands Hospital are planning $12 million in upgrades and new equipment plus an infusion of patients to resuscitate the Secaucus hospital, which lost millions of dollars in recent years.
The sale, with approval from the state attorney general and the health commissioner, is expected to be finalized in state Superior Court in Hudson County at a hearing scheduled for Wednesday. It would add a fifth hospital in New Jersey operated by a for-profit company.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries