Judge delays release of Highmark-West PA affiliation
A federal judge today delayed the release of an unredacted copy of the Highmark-West Penn Allegheny Health System affiliation agreement after WPAHS attorneys asked for reconsideration of a Dec. 29 ruling that it be made publicly available. Judge Arthur J. Schwab has told WPAHS legal counsel to show attorneys for UPMC and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the redacted portions before noon on Monday and see if the parties can agree on what portions can be unsealed. WPAHS argued the only way to truly keep doctors' earnings confidential is to keep sealed the entire portion of the agreement at issue.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers